1. How do I get to Universiti Sains Malaysia from the airport?
Penang is easily accessible by air with daily flights from major capitals in the region. However, take note that many international flights to Penang will usually transit in Kuala Lumpur where passengers will be then transferred to a domestic flight to Penang. The Bayan Lepas International Airport is situated about 10 km away from the USM Main Campus, and about 20 km from the City Centre, Georgetown. Taxis at the airport operate using a coupon system by which fares between the airport and various destinations in Penang are fixed. Passengers pay the fare at the taxi booth at the airport in exchange for a coupon which they will then produce to the taxi driver. The taxi booth can be seen clearly as you walk out of the arrival lounge.
2. Where is School of Management located?
School of Management is in building E45. It is located opposite the Hamzah Sendut Library 2 (E41) and School of Educational Studies (E43).
3. How do I contact the School of Management’s office?
School of Management, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11800 USM, Pulau Pinang.
Tel: +604 653 3363 Fax: +604 657 7448
4. I want to further my studies in School of Management. What courses do you offer?
SOM offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs. For undergraduate, we offer Bachelor of Management and Bachelor of Accounting. For postgraduate, we offer Masters of Arts (MA) and PhD.
5. I want to do my Masters/PhD in School of Management. How do I apply?
Apply through the Institute of Postgraduate Studies website at http://www.ips.usm.my/index.php/prospectiveStudents.
6. How much does it cost to do a Masters/PhD in School of Management?
The fees can be calculated at the Institute of Postgraduate Studies website at http://www.ips.usm.my/index.php/fees.